I had to learn the hard way.... A year ago I was in Colorado and purchased a 200ml of Farenheit at a store like Perfumania (may have been perfumania) Anyway, I opened the bottle and immediately notice it was different... It had a strong alcohol smell and the actual scent was very subtle. Authentic FARENHEIT by Dior is spicy, rich and Sexy...there is very little alcohol if any when you spray it on AND the scent lingers beautifully for hours and hours. Perfumania fragrances Do NOT. Wanting to prove myself correct... I decided to go to Macy's and compare the Farenheit by Dior they were selling. I asked the clerk for her opinion to see if she noticed a difference... the look on her face said it all! Macy's Farenheit was TRUE BLUE- THE REAL THING. I purchased a bottle from them $20.00 more for the same bottle purchased at Perfumania. Then I went back to the Knock off store and informed them that the product they sold me was not the Real thing.... I brought out the bottle purchased at Macy's and had them smell the difference.... They immediately REFUNDED MY MONEY.
Here is ... the hard lesson learn part of the story...
I visiting the Seattle Outlet stores and there was a Perfumania store.... Now I couldn't remember if the store in Colorado was Perfumania or not so I just trusted the sales clerk who honestly told me all the Perfumes in here are TRUE AUTHENTIC FRAGRANCES straight from the Factory's from around the world ie: Paris France. I wanted to buy another 200ml of Farenheit by Dior priced at $86. Still feeling skeptical but wanted to believe her every word... I decided to share my experience in Colorado with her and her co-worker. They were surprised but reassured me the Perfume was the Real Thing... OK I said. I bought the fragrance and opened it up on the spot... And to my dismay I had been had again!!!! I said to the ladies this is a KNOCKOFF! I want a refund PLEASE. I am sorry the clerk said ... Once opened and sprayed we DO NOT give refunds of money back! Here is the head office telephone number ... call them.
I am trying to get in touch with the head office now and will keep you informed as to what transpires.
Things to look for when buying from Perfume outlet stores.... Bar Codes on the box/packaging.... I compared the packaging with a department store clerk and she noticed there was no bar code on the Perfumania Farenheit box.
I am also contacting Farenheit in Paris, France. Curious to know if their Product is being Pirated!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Farenheit By Dior
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT ORDER FROM FINGERCOMBER.COM!!! They are a HORRIBLE company who will rob you blind and send you ***!! I purchased 3 units totaling $200 from them through PayPal. I..."
- "I am so disappointed with BH Cosmetics. I wanted to try their items because I saw a makeup artist do a tutorial on Instagram and the colors were so pretty...."
- "On 3-17-15 I ordered a lip gloss called teddy bare for the price of $10.00 plus $0.80 tax totaling $10.80 from mary kay from a sales consultant named tabitha patton..."
- "This guy GEORGE9785 an ebay seller that has zero patience and a bad temper began spamming me with email that contains threats and foul language because I did not leave..."
- "My name is George Boulos and I whent to supercuts in Bellingham, WA and I have had the same hair style for a long time. I get it..."
- "Dealer new he was selling a 2010 cruise lite 26 bh trailer with a wet floor.As they sarnia rv tried to cover it up with a bad paint job on..."
- "Goos morning, i tried to ooen a complaint through the huawei's site but i haven't reply. i bought my huawei p9 plus the 6th of august in italy. Two days..."
- "I had a roof installed by this company in which they scratched my deck and left quite a mess of trash and nails to clean up afterwards. Then i spent..."
- "I bought a leather sofa for $1200.00 (1st mistake) from Art Van. I noticed after 2-3 months that the back of the sofa was wearing off. I treated it with..."