Perfumania fragrances are KNOCKOFFS! BUYER BEWARE!

Issue not resolved

I had to learn the hard way.... A year ago I was in Colorado and purchased a 200ml of Farenheit at a store like Perfumania (may have been perfumania) Anyway, I opened the bottle and immediately notice it was different... It had a strong alcohol smell and the actual scent was very subtle. Authentic FARENHEIT by Dior is spicy, rich and Sexy...there is very little alcohol if any when you spray it on AND the scent lingers beautifully for hours and hours. Perfumania fragrances Do NOT. Wanting to prove myself correct... I decided to go to Macy's and compare the Farenheit by Dior they were selling. I asked the clerk for her opinion to see if she noticed a difference... the look on her face said it all! Macy's Farenheit was TRUE BLUE- THE REAL THING. I purchased a bottle from them $20.00 more for the same bottle purchased at Perfumania. Then I went back to the Knock off store and informed them that the product they sold me was not the Real thing.... I brought out the bottle purchased at Macy's and had them smell the difference.... They immediately REFUNDED MY MONEY.

Here is ... the hard lesson learn part of the story...

I visiting the Seattle Outlet stores and there was a Perfumania store.... Now I couldn't remember if the store in Colorado was Perfumania or not so I just trusted the sales clerk who honestly told me all the Perfumes in here are TRUE AUTHENTIC FRAGRANCES straight from the Factory's from around the world ie: Paris France. I wanted to buy another 200ml of Farenheit by Dior priced at $86. Still feeling skeptical but wanted to believe her every word... I decided to share my experience in Colorado with her and her co-worker. They were surprised but reassured me the Perfume was the Real Thing... OK I said. I bought the fragrance and opened it up on the spot... And to my dismay I had been had again!!!! I said to the ladies this is a KNOCKOFF! I want a refund PLEASE. I am sorry the clerk said ... Once opened and sprayed we DO NOT give refunds of money back! Here is the head office telephone number ... call them.

I am trying to get in touch with the head office now and will keep you informed as to what transpires.

Things to look for when buying from Perfume outlet stores.... Bar Codes on the box/packaging.... I compared the packaging with a department store clerk and she noticed there was no bar code on the Perfumania Farenheit box.

I am also contacting Farenheit in Paris, France. Curious to know if their Product is being Pirated!

Cheers.

d57aa58 review #247240
42 Helpful? 193
Had the same issue9 Comments45 Report
Had an experience with Perfumania?  Submit review about this company
Perfume freak

Dec 01 Carrollton, Kentucky

How does any of your poorly written comment make any logical sense ? Why would a well known company sell authentic items in store but sell fake products online ? Im sure you didn't even buy any Aqua Di Gio by Giorgio Aramani , you cant even spell the name so I highly doubt you can afford it . Also you cant even spell people clearly so maybe you should work on reading and grammar , so that next time you order from a website that isn't legit which you clearly must have done , you can read the actual name of whatever company that you went to which i assure you is not Perfumania. Thanks

Joe

Aug 01, 2012

Since the people defending Perfumania are obviously employees or connected to the company somehow I'll tell you how this company really operates. Perfumania sold me fake, counterfeit, whatever you want to call it cologne this past weekend. I have been wearing the same brand for years and know exactly how it smells and how long it lasts when I wear it, but instead of lasting all day like the real cologne does, the fake cologne I bought from Perfumania lasts about 30 minutes when I put it on. You can say whatever you want, but there is no way the product they sold me is real. I will be taking it back and demanding a refund, if they will not give me one I will sue the company. Bottom line is they do sell fake fragrances, stay away.

Jason

Jul 24, 2012

It is illegal to sell knockoffs. Report it to the police and see how far you get. Perfumania is legit and you people need to pay more attention. Of course a dept store and retailer will tell you something else is fake because they want your business.

Davis

Jul 15, 2012

No this guy is right PERFUMANIA really are knock offs I wear reb'l fluer buy rihanna and Perfumanias IS COMPLETLY different you guys need to do research ANY good fragrance store will tell you that ,that is why perfumania can do such deals as 70% off and still make a profit. Duh

FewFacts

Dec 01, 2013 Denton, Texas

Please look up who makes Rihanna. It's Parlux, look up who owns Parlux, Perfumania. Good job ***.

Amaral

Jul 13, 2012

Whoever wrote this article says "it might be perfumania" "some store like perfumania" and this clearly shows the person is lying about the whole story. If today I buy a cologne at any store and tomorrow I realize it it's a knock off I would clearly mention the name of the store I purchased it from when I'm sharing it online. "I think it was perfumania" does not say a thing! Someone is trying to hurt perfumania business. I have bought several colognes from perfumania and all of them are the real thing.

A perfume girl

Jul 10, 2012

Losts of people get Perfumania confused with other frarance stores. The difference is that Perfumania purchases directly from the manufacturers, other stores not so much. Good luck contacting "Fahrenheit" in Paris because all the Dior perfumes are owned by LVMH. Just like Lacoste is owned by P&G. Ingredients for perfumes vary in cost and availability so there may be slight variances in scent with each batch. In addition to that, perfumes go through a process called maceration in which they age in the bottle and the scent may change a bit as well. Do your research before running the name of a good company through the mud.

A perfume girl

Jul 10, 2012

Lora

May 23, 2012

I purchased Annick Goutal Petite Cherie at Perfumania, and it must be one of their fakes because it smells very off and gives me a headache, which real Annick Goutal never has. The sales clerk sprayed from a different bottle for me to try it, so I did not realize this until I opened it at home, and they do not accept exchanges/refunds on opened product. Never again!

Apr 05, 2012

Know where you get your fragrances from! It is obviously no Perfumania if you said you got a knockoff. Perfumania gets all their fragrances from the same distributor as Macy's and Dillard's. As well as Ulta and Sephora. There are other stores that do sell knockoffs, bu NOT Perfumania!

faye

Jul 16, 2013 Phoenix, Arizona

They might not sell total knock offs but they do add alcohol or some product to fill them up! The same is with ULTA.

boss

Jan 08 Memphis, Tennessee

I bought a versace blue jeans withing minutes it gave me a rash and it smelled too strong ..thought about buying another but now im concerned with there colones

Yani Mervilus

Apr 04, 2012

Perfumania does indeed sell fakes. I bought a "Lacoste" perfume and the color & smell was off. I brought the fake from perfumania to a Lacoste store and compared. The one from perfumania was an obvious fake.

Anon

Mar 28, 2012

Perfumania does not sell knockoffs, they buy direct from the manufacturer. End of story.

helo!

Feb 05, 2013 Miami, Florida

just want to confirm that, the products in perfumania store are totally bad quality. I can bet or meet up with you and you get 1 bottle from purfumania, I get 1 bottole from maces to compare. You will see the differences in smell, alcohol level, the long lasting.......I bought few from there in the past until it comes to the expensive perfume such as Burberry or Gucci, The scent and long lasting is totally OFF ! the one from MAcy's store is last a day with great smell. the one with perfumania is strong with alcohol smell.

yougetwhatyoupayfor

Mar 23, 2012

Prestige perfume companies do not sell their fragrances to the such stores as you have mentioned. So where do they get it? Think!
It is so called grey market.
Often when I see a product from the company I work for, I buy it and send it to our headquarters, so they can investigate the loss by the batch number on the box. If there are no legitimate batch numbers and such, the product is fake.

Mar 20, 2012

Many times, discounters sell fragrances that are old, and so have the fragrance oils evaporate over time which leaves more of an alchohol smell.

Mil

Feb 15, 2012

You said "a store like perfumania" and "may have been perfumania."

How can you even write the rest of your rant if you're not even sure if that store was really Perfumania or not. You could be right, but make sure you're even talking about Perfumania and not some other store "like" it.

I'm sorry you bought fakes, though.

Blah

Feb 10, 2012

*** all you losers for thinkin that Perfumania sells fake ***. Caz they DON'T. get over ureselves. its a little strong when you first spray it, but they well real ***, its illegal to sell fake *** at those prices. honestly stop bein so *** hypocritical. and GET OVER URSELF.

umm

Dec 19, 2012

You make absolutely no since

21-40 of 45 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.