Burnaby, British Columbia
14.4K views 55 comments

I had to learn the hard way.... A year ago I was in Colorado and purchased a 200ml of Farenheit at a store like Perfumania (may have been perfumania) Anyway, I opened the bottle and immediately notice it was different... It had a strong alcohol smell and the actual scent was very subtle. Authentic FARENHEIT by Dior is spicy, rich and Sexy...there is very little alcohol if any when you spray it on AND the scent lingers beautifully for hours and hours. Perfumania fragrances Do NOT. Wanting to prove myself correct... I decided to go to Macy's and compare the Farenheit by Dior they were selling. I asked the clerk for her opinion to see if she noticed a difference... the look on her face said it all! Macy's Farenheit was TRUE BLUE- THE REAL THING. I purchased a bottle from them $20.00 more for the same bottle purchased at Perfumania. Then I went back to the Knock off store and informed them that the product they sold me was not the Real thing.... I brought out the bottle purchased at Macy's and had them smell the difference.... They immediately REFUNDED MY MONEY.

Here is ... the hard lesson learn part of the story...

I visiting the Seattle Outlet stores and there was a Perfumania store.... Now I couldn't remember if the store in Colorado was Perfumania or not so I just trusted the sales clerk who honestly told me all the Perfumes in here are TRUE AUTHENTIC FRAGRANCES straight from the Factory's from around the world ie: Paris France. I wanted to buy another 200ml of Farenheit by Dior priced at $86. Still feeling skeptical but wanted to believe her every word... I decided to share my experience in Colorado with her and her co-worker. They were surprised but reassured me the Perfume was the Real Thing... OK I said. I bought the fragrance and opened it up on the spot... And to my dismay I had been had again!!!! I said to the ladies this is a KNOCKOFF! I want a refund PLEASE. I am sorry the clerk said ... Once opened and sprayed we DO NOT give refunds of money back! Here is the head office telephone number ... call them.

I am trying to get in touch with the head office now and will keep you informed as to what transpires.

Things to look for when buying from Perfume outlet stores.... Bar Codes on the box/packaging.... I compared the packaging with a department store clerk and she noticed there was no bar code on the Perfumania Farenheit box.

I am also contacting Farenheit in Paris, France. Curious to know if their Product is being Pirated!

Cheers.

Review about: Farenheit By Dior.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Perfumania?

Comments

Fragrance fanatic
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #802616

You all do realize Perfumania owns parlux right?They make A majority of the celebrity fragrances.

Why would they sell knock off of something they created? There's also a million other fragrance stores with similar names (perfumorama for example). Do your research people. You probably just got a old bottle.

I've been shopping at Perfumania for years.

Had one bad experience with a Kenneth Cole cologne, contacted Kenneth Cole directly and told them where I bought it and they replaced it.They know of Perfumania as a legitimate business.

Perfume Fan

Perfumania actually have retail stores in the malls.You can't have knockoff stores as an actual retail store smh.

The FBI are always monitoring things like this so they are legit dude. They carry overstocked and discontinued perfumes and sell them at a discount because of that, they are the real fragrances.

You can also buy from them online.

FewFacts
#719242

This whole story just makes me die of laughter. Lets start with the fact that you're not even SURE that is was a Perfumania. Based off the fact that I used work at one in an Outlet Mall, I know for a FACT the other fragrance shops in the mall tell people we are the same company as them, and have even printed our name on their receipts (sounds like you went wrong here) Secondly, let me educate you on what to look for in a "knockoff"

1. There is a small number on the bottom of every bottle, always. This is a batch number and should ALWAYS match the number imprinted in the box.

2. Dior fragrances are always sealed with a CD sticker. - You would know this if you swear up and down you know this scent

3. Look for glass imperfections/misspellings - they do this for legal protection.

Next, do your freaking research as a consumer! Do you always believe what your told when you walk into a store? I sure as *** don't. There is this thing called the internet that you can find amazing facts about companies! So heres some on the one you're slandering on the internet:

- They are a public company! Check out their stock and maybe buy some!

- There are over 370+ stores, and constantly growing

- Recognized by Fourtune 500 companies that we are indeed authentic

- There are FIVE subsidiaries of Perfumania

- As a wholesaler, they distribute to several other places you probably claim you "bought the one that smells right"...

- They own Parlux (plus four others), the company that manufactures all the Celebrity lines (i.e; Paris Hilton, Riannah, Snooki, Kim Kardashian, ect.)

And thats just to name a few. So next time you want to stomp your feet around and get mad because "you got had", you might want to take a moment to make sure you don't end up looking like a carless, uninformed consumer because frankly, no one in their right mind would ever trust your opinion or review of anything, especially this.

Lastly, act your wage. You're the one trying to get a discount on Dior, just as pathetic as people begging for a discount on Gucci.

Stfu
to FewFacts #872833

Just as the switch is there for your safety, everybody says so, so it must be right. Ask the Jews, Germany had a valid point and was backed up by law so it rights because everyone says right, remember, the worlds flat and your hallucinating citizen take your meds and trust your superiors.

Perfume guy

I am sorry about your situation!!You should be very skeptical of any Christian Dior fragrances that are anymore than 10-15 percent lower than retail.

Reason for this is the wholesale prices for Christian Dior is very expensive!! Even more expensive than Georgio Armani!! I have been selling fragrances for over twenty five years in western Ma at malls. We have never had fake or knock offs.

However other malls have had them, and we usually call the FBI and sometimes assist their investigation. These people give others a bad name. If you ever need fragrances that you can trust at rock bottom prices, The Perfume Guy in the Holyoke Mall ( 2nd largest in new England at the crossroads of I-91 and I-90. Phone number 413-532-9296.

There are only a handful of stores in the country that have the variety we have as well!! ( over 2,000 different scents, with many rare and discontinued fragrances. His knowledge (stan the man with the Perfume plan! ) is astounding.

Call him sometime, he will beat any online Price --except eBay due to large amounts of fakes!

It is a large volume, family business with low overhead.This is how my sister, brother, father and I save people money and make an honest living.

perfumefreak
to Perfume guy Carrollton, Kentucky, United States #908852

Giorgio Armani

lola
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #598815

Oh :upset pls be smart, dont u know that your body change!!! If u found that smell different is becuase your body chemystri changed....

Perfume guy
to lola #642773

Some fragrances change over the years.Sometimes your body chemistry changes.

Sometimes a fragrance you smell on someone else will not smell as well on you.

However there are fake fragrances.

They make fakes of the expensive fragrances that are popular.In over 20 years of selling fragrances, I have yet to see a ripped off version of adidas or anything else that goes for under 25-30 dollars

Jasmine

I just bought some burberry last night from Perfumania and as soon as i opened it and sprayed one i could tell that it was a fake.No wonder it was on sell.

All these people saying that it is legit are liars and theives!!A good way to check is look on the bottom of the box, if it had arabic looking letters on the bottom it is a fake!

DropkickMurphy915
to Jasmine New York City, New York, United States #592255

I've purchased all but one of my colognes from Perfumania, and they've all been 100% legit. That said, I've come to find out that 99% of what they sell is old stock that's been sitting around for ages. I just learned that the bottles have dates on the bottom to indicate when they were made (I'm new to cologne in general) and the bottle of Perry Ellis 360 White I purchased from Perfumania in October was made in 2005. Same with the Perry Ellis 360 Red, which is so old the date actually faded off the sticker.

I just got a bottle of Armani Code Ultimate from their website today, checked the serial number on an independent website (checkcosmetic.net) and found that it was made in August 2012, so I'm not concerned with that given that it's a new fragrance anyway.

I think the issue isn't so much that they sell knockoffs, I'm not concerned with that at all. What I am concerned with is that they're selling old stock that's been sitting around and is well past the shelf life before it ever leaves the store. That's probably why it doesn't last long or smell right. That's not to say that my probably 10 year old Perry Ellis 360 Red that I bought last year doesn't smell amazing, because it does, it's just so old that it doesn't last.

I'll never buy anything from Perfumania again, I've gotten Gucci Guilty from Amazon that was made in 2012 and is 100% authentic. And before anyone call me out for having some kind of affiliation to Perfumania, I'm a college student...