stopped by Perfumania several days ago at the Valley River Mall to buy some kind of special light fragrance. Kenneth Cole's Black and Reaction were immediately suggested by the salesperson.

Although when given a whiff of the fragrances on their "blotter paper" all I smelled was alcohol, no fragrance. The salesperson immediately wafted the paper in the air for a few more seconds to allow the alcohol to dry and gave it to me again to smell. The fragrance of both colognes was light and flowery, and as I had nothing specific in mind, I liked and bought them both.

Much to my dismay, the next day when I tried them on, I found that neither fragrance lasted for more than an hour. Now, on checking them out on the internet, I find out they are most likely fakes.

Review about: Kenneth Cole Black Perfume.

Reason of review: not happy at all.

I didn't like: Fake product.

Comments

I bought a Calvin Klein gift set asked the sales if it was legit and she said yes. Got it home had very hard time getting out of the box.

Sprayed the perfume on and it did not seem like euphoria. Very disappointing.

Will never buy from them again . FAKE

Renton, Washington, United States #1252979

Perfumania does not sell fakes or knock-offs. All of their product is 100% legitimate.

One of the ways they cut costs to pass on savings is by buying up slightly older product that has sat on a shelf at Macy's or Nordstrom, not sold, and then been returned to the distributor. Perfume/cologne does have a shelf-life and can go bad. However, Kenneth Cole Black and Reaction are both popular, best-selling fragrances so I would be shocked if the bottle you bought is more than a year old. That's nothing to be alarmed about (think about how long it sits on your dresser after that!) and you do get a discount compared to department stores and it's better than the bottles that finally end up at Marshall's or TJMaxx!

The real culprit is that the fragrances were probably not compatible with your body chemistry. Both of those fragrances are light to begin with and tend not to be long-lasting. It's important to try fragrance on your skin and not just sniff the card.

The employee should have told you that. They also need to replace their tester bottles because those are clearly not so fresh.